|Item ID||Starting Bid||Bids||Current Bid|
7 Reasons Why Theatre Makes Our Lives Better
- Theatre does no harm.
- Theatre is a sophisticated expression of a basic human need -- one might call it an instinct -- to mimic, to project stories onto ourselves and others, and to create meaning through narrative and metaphor.
- Theatre brings people together.
- Theatre models for us a kind of public discourse that lies at the heart of democratic life, and builds our skills for listening to different sides of a conversation or argument, and empathizing with the struggles of our fellow human beings whatever their views may be.
- Both the making of theatre and attending of theatre contribute to education and literacy. Watching the characters talk back and forth in the theatre is tricky; it requires sharp attention, quick mental shifts, and nimble language skills.
- Theatre as an industry contributes to our economy and plays a special role in the revitalization of neglected neighborhoods.
- It influences the way we think and feel about our own lives and encourages us to take a hard look at ourselves, our values, and our behavior.
Discover your own reasons as you attend a live show at Theatre Cedar Rapids with this $50 TCR gift certificate.